Week 9, Part 2

 What kind of Categories Would you use to Build your Business?

Ms. Campbell's Art Class, Drawing Lesson 1
    Because I make and sell art, there are a few categories I already have at my fingertips. Some I have already begun to use and some that I need to get better at using. One of the biggest categories my art professors have really tried to drill into me is creating blog posts based on shows I have recently gone to, i.e. Gallery and art critiques, others include: What is currently going on with my artwork and my thought process in creating my art, and when it comes to blogs, one big thing for me has been putting out videos on how to make art. Because  I was an art teacher at a middle school, prior to Covid, I have a few Vlogs marketed to kids on how to draw. Something I would like to do now, is perhaps try to make videos that maybe adults would enjoy too. I've really liked making videos and editing, it's just that they take a whole lot of time to make them, so I have put that on pause, since I am working full time again as a barista. There are also a couple other categories I would like to try which include: How to make Sustainable Art and how to make your own art supplies.

These categories would help make my business grow because it would give my readers an additional connection to both me and the art that I am producing. I have a hard time connecting with people socially, especially during Covid. I have been recently diagnosed with Autism Level 1, which makes sense, because I am socially a wreck and have a ton of anxiety when interacting with strangers, so having a blog where I share my views and art process makes a lot of sense to me. I just need to figure out a balance with my new work life because I am having a hard time posting every single week for my own business.

Comments

Popular Posts