Week 12- Additional Marketing Research Tools

Social Media Marketing Tools, Expanded

    Social Media is changing, rapidly. TikTok is no longer Musically, a fun little platform for silly dances. But it's own global conglomerate, ripe for the taking. That is, if you can get your platform to become viral... For art businesses, this can be a gold mine. If you can make really interesting, one minute videos of the process of making your artwork, all you have to do is post it with the right hashtags, put the link to your store in your bio, and then make more videos. The algorithm, will help you sell out, if you work it and post frequently. Another good thing to add to your posts, to make them more watchable, is stories. People love listening to drama, or hearing about your life, or advice you might have to other makers. It creates a personal connection with your potential customer and your work.

    For my business, TikTok is a social Media tool that I have used in the past, am not currently using, due to time restraints, but is something I hope to use more of in the future. I have used YouTube videos to put together art lessons for my students, so TikTok is a piece of cake in comparison to using the heavier duty video editing platforms. 

    Something I think I might want to try in the future is Twitch. I do feel like maybe it is more of a social media for gaming, but I have also heard that artists do pretty well on there. I think I would love to try to set up my video equipment and just stream for an entire day as I work on a large painting. I have a commission coming up, so I think this might be the perfect chance to try and set it up.

    Google Business is another Social Media Tool that I just set up. I like that I basically just set up an online business card for myself, gathering my website information and phone number, to make more easily available to the public. I don't have a physical location for my business yet, but when I do, I will be able to easily add that to my Google Business.  

   Currently I am working on streamlining my online marketing strategy. I never understood how time consuming Social Media Marketing could be until recently. So I think I should be focusing on:

1 Blog Post Per Week

3 Instagram Posts a Week

3 Facebook Posts a week

2 Tweets per week

2 TikToks per week

1 email per quarter

1-2 Live-Streams through Twitch or through Instagram Live, if I don't end up liking Twitch

1 YouTube video a month

    And this means I need to be creating more content, Physically, in real life. Taking photographs, videos, ect.  I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I think marketing to this extent will help me grow my business in a way where I can become a full time artist.

Comments

Popular Posts