Week 7: What Social Media Should I Use?

 What Social Media Should I use?

 

I used to rely a lot on Instagram to show my artwork in order to try and sell it, and while I did sell a couple pieces through it, Facebook seems to now be the front runner on my social media marketing campaign. More of my followers on Facebook have a deeper, more personal connection to me and my art. They are more along the lines of family and friends but I am finding that when family and friends buy your work and recommend your work on Facebook, their family and friends are also more likely to become future customers too. This week I learned that I should be posting on my platforms a lot more that I have been. I normally post about 2-3 posts a week and now I am trying to post 2-3 posts per day on Facebook. Instagram, I feel a little more scared to make content posts though. I feel like I need to up my quality. My goal this upcoming week is to try to set my artwork up in an aesthetically pleasing way and take high quality photos of them. I need a large collection of these photos in order to keep my Instagram updated.

Right now I am really excited about Facebook, and the story telling aspects of it. I was able to sell one of my favorite paintings after telling the story behind it, and it honestly made me more happy to sell it because my customer knew what that painting meant to me. I know that I have the ability to fall back in love with Instagram. I just really need to get back in the groove of things. I'm not feeling very artistically inclined when it comes to my photography.

I don't think Twitter is very good for marketing my particular kind of business. I don't really know a lot of people on it, and I also think my business relies a lot on images. I still haven't tried it out though so I really couldn't say. TikTok has been a plethora of information and I feel like I can probably get my artwork seen on there by creating more of an information-based platform. People seem to like those kind of artist accounts and a part of my business does have to do with art education for kids. I use YouTube too, so maybe I can even use some of the clips I took for my YouTube page and turn them into short posts on TikTok.

One of the biggest things I've learned this week is that it is okay to re-post some of the same content over and over again as a way of marketing. I was always scared to do that because I thought that maybe the redundancy of the posts would be a bit much, but I did find that I was able to sell older pieces after re-posting them 2-3 times.

This week, on Instagram I commented on:

https://www.instagram.com/frostyourselfsweets/

https://www.instagram.com/jemd_sweets/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/heatherwilliamshome.life.style/?hl=en

https://instagram.com/essentialcreditmanagement?igshid=z6vjgotiigmv

 

Comments

Popular Posts