Week 13 Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace

Online Advertising


Like most people, I am a sucker for advertisements that look visually interesting. This advertisement, for Pigeon's Skate Shop works wonderfully because they photographed the wheels in a way that creates conversation and awe. Because of how nicely they are presented, more people will want to obtain them. This ad was on Instagram and when I clicked it, it took me to their website/storefront.


I have been in the market for an engagement ring, but I do find these advertisements annoying because, while it is not a secret that I want to marry my partner, I haven't told her that I want to buy a ring yet. I find these targeted ads annoying because, since she is aware of how algorithms work, if she were to look at my phone, she would know that i have been looking at engagement rings. This targeted ad does look nice though and because they photographed the ring on a nicely manicured hand, I know exactly how that ring looks. This Ad was on Facebook and it took me to their website/storefront.



In this advertisement, they used bright colors and repetition for their aesthetic. This clearly suggests their style, and that they have many of these items in stock, so their customer base will know exactly what to expect from them. This Ad was on Instagram and when I clicked it, it took me to their Instagram page.

I think these social media ads are more effective than newspaper ads or even magazine ads because of how targeted these ads are able to be. Because of the algorithms and the fact that engagement levels are so important to ad reach, it makes targeting the perfect customer or client that much easier.

Comments

Popular Posts